Saturday, May 5, 2012

Musica


A couple of bands, dear to my heart, released new albums during the last few weeks.

 Cradle Of Filth - Midnight In The Labyrinth

 This album is a real treat!
Midnight in the Labyrinth is an orchestral album by Cradle of Filth. The songs selected are from the band's first four releases.
 I can imagine their concert at the Royal Albert Hall.






Moonspell - Alpha Noir / Omega White


Another treat!
Alpha Noir / Omega White is the ninth full-length album by the Portuguese gothic metal band Moonspell, released on April 27, 2012. It is the band's first double album. The band's press release cited Bathory, King Diamond, Onslaught, early Metallica, Testament, and Artillery as influences for Alpha Noir, which was described as "an incendiary album". Omega White was instead described as an album of "pure atmosphere and shadow", an homage to Type O Negative and The Sisters of Mercy and similar to Moonspell's second album Irreligious.

 
Opera Carne (Alpha Noir)

 
Sacrificial (Omega White)



Paradise Lost - Tragic Idol


Number 13. And really, really good one. Album's artwork was designed by Parisian designer Valnoir.
 The new CD was again produced by Jens Bogren and is influenced by classic doom metal and classic metal. I would say it is more melodic than the last record whilst retaining the heaviness. There are lots of guitar solos and melodies.
(Gregor Mackintosh)


 

Fear Of The Impending Hell

 Lies divided me I wonder
Cries enlighten me I wonder
Light has guided me I'm stronger
To escape to where dearly intended dwell
Never seen the light, I don't know where to escape
From that fear of impending hell
Now I've seen the light, my soul laid bare
To forsake that fear of impending hell
Life denying needs my hunger
  Paralyzing dreams I wander
Life has bidden me I'm stronger
To escape from the tears of a last farewell
The party's over you never could believe
Now it's over you never would believe


The Foreshadowing - Second World


 I hardly could wait for this one. When it comes to gothic/doom metal bands, you could say I'm picky. Discovering this band made me really happy. Finally something good! Previous two albums were awesome. The new album is awesome too! Proper gothic/doom metal.

Second World is one of those albums that should be cherished as one from the very first second to the very last, until the album starts spinning once again, enriching your world inside the four walls of your room. After all, as the album flows you'll witness some sort of connection between the tracks making Second World breathe as an entity.

Days Of Nothing was ground zero, the arch dreaming, Oionos the signs on the horizon; Second World is what the title says, a brand new universe where flowers bloom nightmares and dreams embrace beauty as they fall asleep entwined.


 

When it comes to music, 2012 will be a good year.

4 comments:

  1. Svidjam. Spakovala za sutrasnje slusanje..Jos mi usi zuje od danasnjih tonskih :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extrica!
      Hoce to od tonskih, koncerata i sl. Ima svi da nosimo slusne aparate pod stare dane. XD

      Delete
    2. može i prije, što sve slučajno čujem, radije bih da sam gluha. na sreću, kod tebe mogu uvijek naći nešto što mi se svidi.

      Delete
    3. I to sto kazes.
      Hvala, hvala. Ja se trudim da bar malo obradujem nase usi. :D

      Delete